"All scripture is inspired by god and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
-2 timothy 3:16-17
Finding a Plan
There are a variety of bible reading plans available to us today. No matter what bible Reading plan you choose to follow this year, the best plan is the one you stick with. Below are some resources that can help you select a plan.
- Bible.com offers many reading plans to choose from. Chances are, you may already have the Bible App on your phone. You can access and track your reading progress from the website or the app on your phone.
- The Christian Standard Bible website offers six reading plans that you can download for free.
- The Bible Reading Plan Generator is a great resource if you want to create a personalized reading plan.
Recommended Reading plans
- 5x5x5 New Testament Bible Reading Plan - Read through the New Testament in a year reading Monday to Friday. Weekends are set aside for reflection and other reading. Especially beneficial if you’re new to a daily discipline of Bible reading.
- F260 - This is a two hundred and sixty day reading plan that highlights the foundational passages of Scripture that every disciple should know. It is 5 days a week and offers memory verses for each week.
- Chronological Reading Plan - Read through the Bible in one year in the order that events occurred chronologically.
- 1 Year Plan - Read through the Bible in one year by reading two chapters from the OT and two chapters from the NT every day. This plan could, also, be used for family Bible reading as it gives you two chapters to read with your family each day and two chapters to read personally each day.